1. Financial Hardship – you or your family must have recently experienced an unplanned financial crisis; serious illness, death, job separation, etc. Anyone expecting to qualify for a financial hardship must have applied for financial aid.*
2. Medical Reasons – Students requesting exceptions to the housing policy because of special medical problems must furnish
written confirmation from a physician. Required information includes (1) the existing medical problem; (2) how long the condition has existed; (3) the last date treated for the condition; and (4) the estimated duration of the condition. Documentation should prove that your medical condition or disability prohibits you from living on campus, not simply that you have a medical condition.
3. Part-time Student – The student must maintain eleven credits or less throughout the entire semester(s) the student wishes to live off-campus. Summer term students must carry three credits or less per summer term to qualify for part-time status.
4. Residing with Relatives – Requests will have to be substantiated with a written statement from the relative(s). The statement must contain (1) the specific relationship to the student; (2) the full address and telephone number of the relative(s); and (3) their agreement to house the student for the academic year or semester.
5. Residing on the work site – If a student is required, as a condition of his-her employment, to reside with an employer, a written confirmation that the student’s physical presence at the place of employment is required for fulfillment of job responsibilities must be attached to the application.
6. Age and/or Experience – Age: You are a non-traditional student 23 years of age or older. Experience: 22 years of age or older and three years of fulltime military experience, or married for at least three years and now divorced, or have a dependent child or children.
7. Senior Exception – Seniors who have only one or two semesters until graduation. Any student wishing to apply for Senior Status Exception must provide a copy of their Unofficial Transcript from MyCU, (academic check list) attached to the Off Campus Housing Request Form. The Official Progression Sheet must be accurately completed and approved by the Registrar's Office before the request will be considered.
8. Other Reasons – A.) A Student may apply for an exception for other than the reasons listed above, assuming they are justifiable. Give a detailed and accurate description of the situation with supporting documentation, if any.